Monday, September 12, 2011

mike brouse, Pet Portrait Artist in Boulder, Colorado

Five Dogs - 20 x 48 Oil

I really like meeting your dogs.  I enjoy the challenge of creating an impressionistic oil painting of your best friend.  A five dog painting is especially challenging.  This painting will clearly light up any room!

Here's a nice quote from a recent article about my work:  "His vivid and sensitive pet portraits give him special satisfaction to create on commission, as cherished mementos for pet owners. “My goal is for the animals to be expressive and communicative, and for there to be a sense of movement – as if they could get up and walk away.” Mike isn’t shy about talking about some of his “secrets” for creating his animated portraits. “I focus on brush movement, mixing cool with warm colors – which creates a push-pull ‘dance’ for the eye, and I use tiny dots of red and blue in the eyes and nose.”

Olivia 16 x 20 Oil

I usually paint my dog portraits on thick canvas, and then frame them in a contemporary dark floater frame. 


Tootie - 16 x 20 - Oil
Contact me for more information.

Nick & Snooks - 12 x 16 - oil
Yes, I do cats too!

No comments:

Post a Comment