Monday, July 6, 2020

A Cat named Goat .......pet portrait 11 x 14 oil


I received a call from a potential client who found me on a web search for pet portrait artist.  She explained she has a friend who loves her cat so much that she would like to have a portrait of it to give to her friend as a special birthday gift. She had a deadline of 2 weeks.....whew, ok no problem for me usually.  As I've said before I'm a fast painter so I went for it.

She let me do my thing with the design, but the cat portrait is based on a photo of her friend holding Goat.  (By the way I found out that Goat means greatest of all time.)  This cat must have some attitude.  ok - I better paint a hell of a painting for a cat with a name that means "greatest of all time"!  As you can see I had a little fun with the design!

GOAT the cat is 11 x 14

No comments:

Post a Comment