Monday, July 6, 2020

Sally's sister Daisy - pet portraits by mike brouse


I painted Daisy's sister Sally, a terrier, about 7 years ago.  You can read Sally's story on this blog.  Daisy's mother contacted me again to paint her new dog Daisy when Daisy turned 5 years old.  Daisy is a beautiful purebred white labrador retriever.  I got to meet Daisy prior to painting her.  I try to do this if the client is local to the Boulder, Colorado area.  What a wonderful warm personality.  A real sweetheart!  I soaked her in and took some playful reference photos of her.

The portrait was a surprise father's day gift from Daisy's mother.  I try to make these paintings affordable for most people because they make such great gifts.   The 11 x 14 of Daisy was $350 oil on canvas.  Daisy's mother chose the background because it represents her back yard.  Daisy spends a lot of time back there.


Daisy is 11 x 14 oil on canvas


No comments:

Post a Comment