Monday, July 6, 2020

Chicken is Little (11 x 14 oil) sensitive dog portrait by Mike Brouse



I have been doing pet portraits continuously for about 14 years now.  I work from good reference photos of the pet.  I have done pet portraits in small and large sizes and for people all over the USA.  Kevin called me last week from Denver.  He wanted to inquire about 2 portraits of his sisters dogs for her birthday. My first thought was "very sweet"!  What a guy who loves his sister!  Then I asked when his sister's birthday is and he told me it's in 10 days.  Two oil portraits in 10 days..... and he wants them framed too.

Luckily I was between commission projects so I said I would try to make it happen.  I am a fast painter so I can usually finish a portrait in 6-8 man-hours, but it's pretty intense work.

So Chicken was first up.  Here he is as an 11 x 14 oil on canvas  - I charge between $350 - $475 for an 11 x 14 depending on how quickly the client wants the painting, and also if they want it framed or not.

Chicken the dog is 11 x 14 oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment